Monday, May 21, 2007

My wife.....

I recently spoke with my wife about the new promotion to Thane of Cawdor and about the 3 witches that gave me these prophecies, and you won't believe what she told me! To get to the position of king, she wants me to assassinate King Duncan, and faith wanted that he is actually coming over to my castle today! Is she out of her mind?! To assassinate the king is the greatest degree of treason possible, surely punishable by death... My Lady tells me that this is my one and only chance to make the prophecy come true - today when he is sleeping in my castle! She tells me that if I don't have the guts to do it then I'm not a real man! What an insult! Now I'm seriously debating the possibility of stabbing him - I would be the new king! Who knows if the prophecy will come true if I don't act on it? Farewell, I'll write tomorrow about how today's night with the king visiting went. I don't have much time, he should arrive any minute.

Date: August 27th 1039
Macbeth

No comments: