Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I met the witches again! Now with 3 apparitions

As greedy as I am to know my future, I made an appointment with the 3 witches again. They prepared a mixture in their cauldron, and then the apparitions appeared. They talked about my future, but unfortunately they were very brief and wouldn't take questions. The image I saw at the end, 8 kings in a row including the ghost of Banquo, with the last king holding a mirror - scarry. I'll describe the apparitions:

First one was an armed head. The witches proclaimed that he knows my thoughts! I didn't even need to ask a question, and the head said

"Macbeth! Macbeth! Macbeth! beware Macduff;
Beware the thane of Fife. Dismiss me. Enough"


A bloody child was the second apparition. Unbelievable what he said; he proclaimed that I can't be killed by anyone born of a woman. I'll be undefeatable - Fleance, Malcolm, and Donaldbain will never take power

"Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth."

The third apparition was most peculiar. A child with a crown, holding a tree in his hand! Odd...

"Be lion-mettled, proud; and take no care
Who chafes, who frets, or where conspirers are:
Macbeth shall never vanquish'd be until
Great Birnam wood to high Dunsinane hill
Shall come against him."


This is just great! What kind of a chance have I got being defeated? Supposedly I've got to fear Macduff, but hell, he's born of woman! And the Forest of Dunsinane moving? Is this a joke? All hail me, the king forever I shall be!

No comments: